Director of Preservation
Richard Pieper is an architectural conservator specializing in the documentation of historic architectural technology and the conservation of masonry materials and metals. He has been with the Pokorny office since 1985. From 1981 to 1985 Mr. Pieper served as Architectural Conservator for Historic Ithaca, Inc. and as a technical staff member for the Ithaca Landmarks Preservation Commission on the City of Ithaca Department of Planning and Development. He was the Restoration Coordinator of the New York State Bureau of Historic Sites office at the Schermerhorn Row Block from 1979 to 1981.
Mr. Pieper is currently directing the exterior restoration of the 1908 Battery Maritime Building in Lower Manhattan for the New York City Economic Development Corporation. He is also directing the exterior restoration of Olana, Frederic Church’s historic homestead, and the cleaning and repair of the elaborate masonry and roof ornament of the Brooklyn Historical Society. From 1994 to 1997 he directed the restoration of the dome and rotunda of the State House, the Capitol of New Jersey. In recent years he has supervised the restoration of roofing and ornamental signage at the Erie-Lackawanna Rail and Ferry Terminal in Hoboken, NJ, the restoration of the tile and ornamental copper roof of the Guardian Life Insurance Building, and the restoration of the terra cotta facade of the Century Club.
To email a staff member at Jan Hird Pokorny Associates please use the format firstname.lastname@example.org