Jersey City NJ
This prominent 1889 Jersey City Ferry Terminal once served as the Hudson River terminus for the New Jersey Central Railroad. The metal-clad ferry house, constructed in front of the terminal building in 1914 to accommodate larger vessels, was demolished in 1982.
As the remaining elements of the ferry site began to deteriorate, the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection retained JHPA to prepare a plan for the stabilization and rehabilitation of the remaining ferry slips and piers. The plan outlines the major conservation and interpretive design issues of the site. It presents a scope of work for the conservation of the transfer bridges, finger piers, ferry concourse and fender racks, as well as for the construction of new piers for side-loading ferries.